Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ode to the Margarita



This blog is dedicated to my on again off again relationship with the margarita. Arizona is known for having some of the best Mexican food ever! When I say ever, I really mean ever. What better way to compliment the best Mexican food ever, is with a margarita. Yep, this frozen, frosty, sometimes on the rocks concoction makes the best Mexican food ever, taste even better. Here is a list of some of my favorite places to enjoy a margarita. You could say this is my stab at being a local restaurant critic. These restaurants aren't in any type of fave order. First we have Chevy's. They have a very nice variety of fruity margaritas, along with really good Tex Mex style Mexican food. They also make their own tortillas and make you wear a funky sombrero when it's your birthday. Trust me, anyone looks good in a sombrero after a couple of margaritas. They also let the little ones have raw tortilla dough to play with, but most of the time the parents grab it up to try and make some twisted dough bunny. My second haunt would be Arribas. These people make some "fire in the hole" Mexican food. No wonder they sell plenty of margaritas. It's to extinguish the flame in your mouth. Their food may be hot hot hot, but it's good. No sure it's so good when you re-experience it later. It's worth a little discomfort. My next choice would be a local place called Macayos. The President and family ate at Macayos when they visited Phoenix this year. The plates are heaping and their margaritas are delish. Though for some strange reason after I eat their salsa, I can taste it for days. I kind of wake up in the morning with garlic fire breath. Yep, I'm a dragon / dragg'n. There are so many more great places I need to write about, but I figured I'd stop here. Remember, drink responsibly and Stay Thirsty My Friends.
Shout out to my besty co-worker Lisa. Hope life settles for you soon! I'm thinking about you. Now get your butt back to the gym. :)

1 comment:

  1. SUZ! Just catching up since been out of it last few days, need my You Go Home Now fix. smile now before I go to bed--thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete