Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Happy Happy

My list of happy things.
I am happy that every morning, I wake up to see another beautiful sunrise. Once I say hola to the sunrise, I am happy that I am waking up next to the man I adore and love. I am especially happy that I'm a mom. Making breakfast for my awesome daughter adds a little more happy to my morning. I get happier once I've had my morning caffeine. Darn perky happy! I am "thankful happy" I have a job, where there are people like me, worried about the economy, but making the best of what they have. I am happy that I have my health, though some would debate my mental health is degrading. I think they are jealous. I am happy I have a wonderful family. They are always there to listen, nudge me in a positive direction. Even when I'm not feeling so positive and laugh with me when I'm having a mental moment. Maybe my entire family is mental and we just laugh because "that's how we roll?" I'm happy I have great friends, fun friends. If ever I am struggling to find my peter pan "happy moment' they make a crack or remark that makes me smile. Yes, even my friends are happy people too. My cat makes me happy. Random I know, but Anna the cat really is a sweet heart, even when she is scoot'n her butt on the carpet or shredding the faux leather on the bar-stools with her claws. I am happy my car (a.k.a rattle trap), gets me to work and back. It makes me happy when I drink chai tea in the afternoon at work with my work besty Lisa. It makes me happy when I get a courtesy wave from another driver when I let them into a lane. (I'm really thinking, "would you go already" but I'm smiling on the outside) Ok, I'm not that crazy about getting older, but since I am, I might has well enjoy every day, minute and second. I don't mind being that happy old crazy woman one day. But not the crazy old cat lady. No way. Chocolate makes me happy. Chocolate goooood. So my day ends, I drive home from work and I'm happy about seeing another sunset. Except I drive home when the sun is eye level, so I can't be 100% happy until the sun hits the mountain and I am no longer blinded by sunlight. Wow, I'm having a deep moment, sort of. Don't worry folks, it will pass, just like gas..... :) P.S. This is the shorter version of my happy list. Figured you didn't have all day to read my happy things. There could be a two part-er. I'm kidding! Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment