Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh How He Warned Me. Auger Part 2




I definitely learned my lesson about feeding stray augers. Will (my sessy man) warned me that if I fed the auger, it would stick around the house. Kind of like that stray cat that you feel sorry for, so you feed it and it never goes way. The cat just sits outside your door at 6:00 am, howling for food. Well, that is exactly what my new pet auger did at 6:00 am this morning. But instead of howling, it made its presence known by belching out black smoke and stomping it's twisted auger foot in demand. I gave my pet auger a new name. I'm going to call it Buttercup. Which brings to mind the songs: Drill me up, Buttercup or I'm Hooked on a Drilling. Both songs are classics in their own right. Then there is the classic MJ remake: Driller or the ever popular Elton John remake: Don't Let the Drill Come Down on Me. I'm getting a wee bit attached to Buttercup. In fact, I had to come to Buttercup's defense, when Will told me that my pet auger swings both ways. What? Ok, don't judge. If Buttercup wants to spread it around, then who am I to step in its way? Big sigh. I know one day, Auger-B-cup is going to grow up and move on. Will I be able to endure the void and the early morning silence? Damn right I'll endure. Well, until Joe construction worker comes along and starts laying pipe in the places where Buttercup used to be. Hmmm, good thing I don't have a gutter mind, cuz this topic could go way south.
Have a great day all!

1 comment: