Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Grumpy Butt, the Diet and Orange Cream Sherbet

Yesterday I officially started my pre-wedding / honeymoon in Hawaii diet. Big sigh. I'm not sure why this happens, but the first week of my diet usually means I am going to be one grumpy crabby "B." Now I'm not the type of person to starve myself, in fact, I enjoy eating healthy. I think it's more like mental deprivation, then actual food deprivation. Heck, it takes me a week to gear up just to make the announcement at home, that the junk food festival is OVER. The other night, I was having my allotment of Orange Cream sherbet. When I decided it was time to ditch the carton. So I sat the carton in the sink, thinking I would wait for it to melt, then dump it down the sink. Well, the saboteur, I won't name any names, Will, put the carton back in the freezer. Not to be detoured, the next night he served me up my small allotment of sherbet. When he wasn't looking, I quietly put the closed container in the garbage. Well, Mr. Ruin my diet figured out what I did with the container and retrieved it from the garbage. Darn dumpster dive'n, trash pick'n saboteur. They say, third time is a charm. So this morning while "Save the Sherbet" man was snoozing, I hid the half empty container in the bottom of the garbage. By the time he finds it, it will be liquid orange cream sauce! I'm safe. Well, until I'm hit with a mountain of PMS hormones and I decide that I will die if I don't have a piece of Dove chocolate. Which I can't mentioned in front of the Benedict Arnold of diets, because then there will be fridge full of chocolate stored to sooth the savage PMS beast. Now that is love. So one minute I love him dearly for taking care of my savage PMS chocolate craving and the next minute I' m ready to thrash him for making me break my diet. Gosh, poor guy! Good thing he isn't afraid to stare down into the face of danger, me. Without sound overly mushy, I love that man! TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment