Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Ode to my not so little, little brother

This blog is dedicated to my not so little, little brother, Tim.  When I say little, I don't mean in size, I mean younger brother.  Even though it pains me to admit that I am the elder, facts are facts.  Once Upon A Time: Sir Timothy Ray came into the world 1.8 months after the Princess regaled the world with her birth.  I guess this would make Tim the Prince.  Well the Princess must have been a little upset that she was no longer main attraction to the king and queen.  From what I hear, the Prince took a royal beating from the Princess on a regular basis.  What's the old saying: what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger?  It was never the Princess' intention to kill the prince, just torment him.   And the Princess did a great job at Prince torment.  In fact, she earned an A-plus in tormenting - 101.  Eventually, the prince started to grow up.  As the prince grew up, he got stronger and stronger.  So the Prince started his own tormenting tactics.  One day the Princess came home to find the royal Barbies hanging naked in the royal gardens by golden nooses.   The Princess shouted "off with his head" but to no avail.  The Princess was reminded that she was not the red queen and there would be no lopping off of heads in this kingdom.  Alas, I was denied my vengeance, again.   Throughout the growing up years, the Prince and Princess exchanged many a tormenting moment and also vowed revenge.  But in the end, both the Prince and Princess grew up, married into Royalty and started their own kingdoms.  I have to admit, this Princess very proud at how the Prince has had to slay many dragons throughout his kingdom and has remained a stronger ruler and fair king.  Sometimes when the royal families reunite, we discuss the old feuds of yester-year and have to laugh.  Especially the part where I chucked my sword a.k.a. fork at the Prince's feet.  I really didn't try to impale him, just scare him.   If I didn't say it back then, let me say it now.  I kind of like that Prince, now King.  Actually, I love that guy.    I might have to invite him over for a cup of nectar of the Gods in a jeweled encrusted challis.  Ok, it's really lemonade in a Dixie Cup.   Peace out Homie!

No comments:

Post a Comment